Located at the corner of Wheeler and Cleveland Blvd, downtown Aransas Pass.
Today, we pride ourselves on being Guardians of Our Community – Providing service above self through smart, dynamic, modern, and compassionate policing.
Aransas Pass was incorporated on April 5, 1910, and E. E. Mullins became its first City Marshall. Aransas Pass had many City Marshals through the years, and they kept the peace without much assistance.
On May 10, 1949, the subject of adding people to the Police Department was taken under consideration, and, after due deliberation, the City Commission, as the City Council was then known, decided the City Marshall should have an assistant. Felix Turnbough, Sr., who had taken the position of City Marshall in 1946, now had a second officer to command, and he became the first Aransas Pass City Marshall to also be called “Chief of Police.”
The City accepted applications for the new position of Deputy City Marshall/Assistant Chief of Police, and when Commissioner Falgout asked Chief Turnbough which of the three applicants — E. J. Crump, V. R. Patterson, and L. W. Hefner — he would recommend, Turnbough selected V. R. “Virgil” Patterson.... read more at https://police.aptx.gov/history